It was a gorgeous Sunday, the sun was shining. Bella, our Boston terrier and I gratefully sat outside and I sipped my hot cup of cinnamon apple tea. These days I am waiting patiently for spring, to see the first tulips sprout up from our garden.
Hubby and I have started vegetable seedlings indoors, they seem do be doing well under a grow light in the kitchen windowsill. I taped som parchment paper on the lower halves of the windows that the little babies won´t get sunburned. We have big plans to glass in our porch facing South to make a summer room. It will function as a green house for us. Even though our summers are nice it still is not warm enough for tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers to thrive enough to produce outside.
Today´s dinner is a all-in-one pan right in the oven. It was so easy to make and the aroma from the kitchen made everyone hungry. I posted a video on my new channel Erin´s World-YouTube for inspiration.
Here is the recipe:
- Preheat oven to 390 F (200 C)
- Slice 1 large onion, 1 colourful sweet pepper, 1 fennel, and about a dozen cherry tomatoes.
- Add 2 cans of drained and washed chickpeas and as much crushed garlic as you like. I used 3 large cloves
- Slice up 1/2 link of chorizo and add it to the mix. You may want to peel the skin off of the chorizo depending on how thick the skin is.
- Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and add the cod filets. Layer the remaining chorizo on top of the fish. Apply fresh ground pepper to the fish and place back in the oven for 15-20 minutes until cooked.
Ahhh, that smells so good. Serve with a lemon wedge and indulge in a glass of white wine if you wish. Hope you enjoy it!